6 key reasons why an entrepreneur
needs an Executive Assistant
Some entrepreneurs might brush it off by saying ‘It’s too expensive, or ‘I can handle it by myself!’, but in reality, an Execeutive Assistant really makes a difference.
Here is why every entrepreneur needs an Executive Assistant:
1. Help to reduce your email screentime
There is a reason why an entrepreneur is known - he can handle everything, ranging from small tasks to large ones. However, it might become bothersome to handle and
respond to emails, and other communications, and that is where an Executive Assistant comes into play.
2. Attend the meetings
They can attend meetings on behalf of the entrepreneur: Just like EAs can handle emails and other communications, the duties executive assistant has also include attending meetings on behalf of the upper management.
3. Managing the schedules
Life as a business owner can be difficult, and thankfully an Executive Assistant makes things a lot more easier by sorting and managing work, and meeting schedules that may become too chaotic.
4. Assist with work delegation
As a one-man showrunner, things tend to get a little crowded and messy, and hence,
one requires to allocate time for important tasks. An executive assistant helps
unload work pressures by delegating and allocating work to other associates.
5. They can fill in where management’s skill sets are weaker
Not everyone is perfect - and this is no exception even for business owners. When
you trust your Executive Assistant, it is guaranteed that they can help fill in
wherever some skill sets are weaker.
6. Executive Assistants allow entrepreneurs to focus on the business
An Executive Assistant allows the top management to focus on critical and
significant tasks that would help the business grow further.
In summary, below is a list of what an executive assistant is required to do
on behalf of an entrepreneur:
· They are required to maintain a professional attitude towards
staff and clientele
· Maintain confidentiality at all times
· Prepare internal and external documents for corporate
· They are required to coordinate official communications like
taking calls and responding to emails.
· Schedule meetings and appointments on behalf of management
· Maintain an organized filing system for documents and taxes.
· Make travel plans for the management
· They must offer secretarial assistance to the entrepreneur
Skills of an executive assistant include:
· A friendly yet professional attitude and demeanor
· Exceptional interpersonal skills
· Problem-solving skills
· Time management skills
· Project management
· Proficiency in delegation and collaboration of
· Impeccable Multi-tasking skills
· Computer-competent with a good typing speed
An entrepreneur is one that requires the best from the business world, this is a
universal fact. While he is on the path toward getting there, hiring an
Executive Assistant will help him get there much faster, and with more ease.
At Retalent we do Executive Assistant recruitment. Contact us and let us do it all for you, while matching you with your ideal Executive Assistant!